Sunday, December 7, 2014

Digital Toolbox: Reflection

Throughout this course I have had the opportunity to learn about many digital tools that are available to educators.  First and foremost I was impressed and overwhelmed by the technology and resources out there! We are no longer in the days of looking up a lesson plans in a text book or using files that have been stored away in our file cabinets.  So much is at our fingertips waiting to be revealed! 


The TPack framework, SAMR model, and ISTE Standards for Students helped me to realize the importance of really evaluating digital tools.  As an educator there has to be a reason why we use certain tools and digital tools are no different.  For example in the ISTE Standards for Students it states how student’s digital citizenship is one of the key areas teachers should be focusing upon.  Students need these experiences to work collaboratively and build their technology skills in the classroom.


In saying all of this I am thrilled to say that I now have my very own digital toolbox.  I have seen firsthand the benefits of having a digital toolbox upon my student’s learning and my teaching performance.  I have already used so many of the tools that are in my digital toolbox and will continue to use them on a daily basis.  I know that I will continue to add resources to my digital toolbox in the future-I can only imagine what it will look like in a few years!  These resources will aid in my students learning by increasing their knowledge of technology and allowing them to use the technology in their everyday lives. 


I have also thought about having each of my students create their own digital toolbox.  This has helped me tremendously and I think will help them to grow as a student and will greatly benefit their education throughout the rest of their lives.  


Take a look at a snapshot of my digital toolbox:



No comments:

Post a Comment